As of March 25, 2020
Dear family and friends of Peterbilt Manitoba Ltd.,
Peterbilt Manitoba Ltd. is taking the COVID-19 threat seriously and has taken multiple steps to protect our staff, customers and vendors. As we learn more, we will implement more. We are happy to report that all of our locations are open and ready to serve you.
Like many businesses, we have worked with our staff to educate them on proper hygiene, social distancing, regular sanitation of surfaces, and self-isolation if symptoms become evident.
What can you expect when you visit our locations?
- Increased Sanitation Measures. All visitors are immediately directed to the hand sanitation dispensers – signs at our entrances to guide you to the hand sanitizer. We are disinfecting high-touch areas throughout the dealership and are continuously wiping desks, phones, door handles, debit machines, and chair arms throughout the day.
- Signage. Signs recommended by the Public Health Agency of Canada have been posted throughout the buildings. We recommend taking time to refresh your knowledge of the virus and measures that should be taken to limit the spread.
- Physical distancing barriers. There are new barriers at areas that encourage gathering. You will see barriers in front of Reception, Parts and Service counters to provide distance between staff and customers. We’ve eliminated face-to-face meetings by using Skype, emails, phone calls and messaging. We have replaced handshakes with waves and smiles.
- Limited access areas. Certain areas that you may have had access to before may not be available to you now.
- Additional Measures for Staff. Breaks are staggered, staff are encouraged to eat at their workspaces and not gather in lunchrooms. We’ve limited seating in lunchrooms and have chairs spaced 6 feet apart. We have formalized a protocol for all team members of steps to take at the first sign of feeling unwell.
What other services have been impacted?
- Mobile Service Unit. Our Mobile Service Unit is “grounded” and will not be visiting customers.
- Parts Delivery/Pickup. We will arrange parts drop off outside your entrance and have parts ready for pick up outside our facilities to ensure social distancing.
Customers who are concerned about their exposure to or risk of having COVID-19 should avoid entering the building and call Health Links – Info Sante: 204-788-8200 or toll-free 1-888-315-9257 for further information.
We value your continued partnership, and thank you for your cooperation, as we do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We wish you and your families all the best and please wash your hands, maintain social-distancing, and stay safe!
– The Management and Staff of Peterbilt Manitoba Ltd.